A broken pipe can cause a lot of problems in your home. A broken water pipe can not only flood the area where it broke, but it can also create a perfect environment for mold growth and other types of property damage. What should you do when this happens? Contact Absolute Force Water Damage Remediation And Mold Removal has the water damage restoration professionals in Littlerock! Our experts will assess the situation, clean up damaged areas, and take steps to prevent further damage or health risks.
When the damage is already evident, you shouldn’t delay in contacting our service: water damage restoration in Littlerock. Still, while that’s happening, you can take a few steps so that the affected pipe doesn’t cause further water damage.
Follow these tips to make sure you’re prepared when disaster strikes:
- Firstly, close the main valve. This will allow water to stop running in all directions and thus minimize water damage.
- Assign one or two buckets to collect the water that comes out of the pipe. This way, you won’t have an overflowing sink or toilet that can cause further damage. Be sure to empty these buckets often, so they don’t spill all over your floors and other parts of your home!
- Place a towel or rag on the floor of your bathroom so you can remove excess water. With a towel you can prevent the water from being distributed on the floor and thus avoid the risk of an electric shock.
- Turn off all your electrical appliances and devices to avoid being electrocuted by exposed wires, as well as the possibility of being damaged by exposure to water.
- Remove all stagnant water to prevent the accumulation of moisture that could cause mold or damage the structure or walls.
- It is vital to remove wet carpets, rugs, curtains and personal items. Remove mud and debris from floors and foundation walls to allow the quiet and foundation to dry.
- If the leak or the presence of water is considerable, the water-saturated plasterboard and insulation must also be discarded.
- We advise you to avoid using bleach to clean the mold. While it is an effective disinfectant, it will not eliminate mold in its “root”. Use disinfectants anywhere in the structure contaminated by wastewater or floodwater.
- As soon as it finishes drying all the affected areas, activate the heat, circulate the air with fans and use a dehumidifier to maintain the inner humidity below 50 percent—hot and dry air dry things faster than cold, wet air. Suppose there is no electricity; open windows and doors to move the air to accelerate the drying process if the climate allows it.
In addition to these things, it is very important that you call our Littlerock water damage restoration service as soon as possible so they can assess the situation, clean up any damaged areas, and prevent further damage or health risks. They will also take steps to correct your leaking pipe problem.