While mold is found just about anywhere you go and isn’t always dangerous, certain types of mold or mildew can pose a serious threat to your health and the health of your home if they’re present in your home.
Here are some of the most common types of poisonous mold that can spread inside homes in any area where there are wet surfaces or water damage, as well as some ideas of what to do if you think harmful mold may be present. in your house.
- Stachybotrys: Often referred to as “black mold”, Stachybotrys are among the most dangerous types of mold and can also cause flu-like symptoms and signs, diarrhoea, stress, amnesia and also severe damage to the respiratory system. Because their lungs are still developing, children are likely at even higher risk for illnesses related to direct exposure to black mold. As its nickname suggests, black mold is dark in color, although it can also be gray or ecologically dark. It usually has a very damp or musty odor and is found in very damp residences and other structures.
- ketomine: Chaetomium is usually found in residences with water damage. It grows in moist, dark environments such as drywall, wallpaper, baseboards, and carpets as well. This type of mold resembles black mold and often even shares the same habitats. Along with basic allergy symptoms like red, watery eyes and shortness of breath, chaetomium spores can also trigger neurological problems and specific autoimmune diseases.
- Aspergillus: Although aspergillus spores exist in the air that many people breathe on a daily basis, this type of mold can be harmful to people with compromised immune systems. Aspergillus exposure can cause allergies, lung infections, and a specific condition called aspergillosis.
- Penicillium: Like Aspergillus, Penicillium abounds in many everyday settings. Still, if it crawls inside your house, it can cause asthmatic symptoms, breathing problems, and other respiratory system problems.
- fusarium: Is a type of mold that is normally found on plant fragments as well as dirt. However, it can also find its way into the humid places in your home, such as under carpets, inside drywall or foam insulation, and also in humidifying trays and HEATING AND COOLING systems. Although quite unusual, a serious eye infection called fusarium keratitis can arise from direct exposure to fusarium spores.
- would alternate: A popular allergy-causing mold, Alternaria, exists in large numbers in numerous ecological areas during the spring and summer season. Although this type of mold is not usually found on building products, it can be present in the air inside your home. You can also find it on electrical wires, cardboard, canvas, and other fabrics.
What to do if you suspect your residence has harmful mold in Pearland?
Since unsafe exposure to mold can be a serious health risk, it’s important to get professional help if you think you might have dangerous mold in your home. The key action is to have your home masterfully screened for mold. This should involve a thorough evaluation of any water problems or mold growth discovered on products in your home, along with an air quality scan for airborne spores. This entire procedure usually takes an hour or much less to run. They will then send samples to an environmental screening research lab to determine if there are destructive levels of mold in your home. If necessary, then hire a mold removal company to remove dangerous mold in your home and also get to the bottom of any lingering water damage remedies. When the mold has been remedied, they can do an air cleanliness test to make sure the mold levels in your home are safe.
Don’t let mold hide in your home!. For an inexperienced expert, looking at a suspicious problem area may not provide the solutions he needs. Give us a call to see how we can help you identify and solve your problem: Mold Removal in Pearland. Do-it-yourself mold cleanup can also be helpful, but harsh chemicals tend to be serious.